Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Apartments Wanted
 24/7 Apartments Message Board : Apartments Wanted
Subject Topic: Orillia/Barrie Area Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
VintageBabe

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 27 September 2005 at 9:26am | IP Logged Quote VintageBabe

Good Day!

I'm looking for a half decent place to live (aren't we all??) in the Orillia/Barrie area.  I am presently on an extremely tight budget as I am on Ontario Disability.  However, I also am hoping to do some work from home, as a Virtual Assistant, and would be willing to "barter" for lower rent.  I'm also not bad at decorating (you'd never know it to see this place tho LOL) and would be willing to "barter" decorating advice/services.

I'm wanting to find preferably a 2 bedroom (large 1 bedroom might do as long as there is room for my computer area), little house, flat, apartment, townhouse; stove & fridge, utilities & parking included; unfurnished; POSSIBLY allow an indoor only cat; and preferably available before the snow flies around here!  Would LOVE something very near water, where I could swim once in awhile (noooo not in the winter!! Brrrr!!), but I realize they are hard to come by.

Perhaps you know of an elderly couple/person, that doesnt want to give up their home to move into a retirement residence, or nursing home, yet there is no one interested in living in it.  I'd be quite interested in a situation like that too.  A rental situation could be negotiated to both mutual benefit, as they would gain some income but not too much to throw their income way out of whack; and I would enjoy taking care of a home.

Perhaps you need a manager to take care of your small apartment building or 6-plex, 8-plex, etc. or renovated older house that is now divided into several apartments or flats.  Again, we could beneficially negotiate, I'm sure.

A winterized cottage (indoor plumbing PLEASE!!) that is hardly used anymore as the owners are older now, or other family just aren't that interested any longer, but don't want to let it go...yet.  Negotiations could work well.

Now that you've read what I hope to find in my efforts to start the next episode in my life, now that the family is grown and flown the next, how 'bout you contact me here or at my email, and we can discuss these ideas.

Thanks for reading my novelette!

~ VintageBabe

Back to Top View VintageBabe's Profile Search for other posts by VintageBabe

franca
Guest Group
Guest Group

Online Status: Online
Posted: 30 November 2005 at 3:25pm | IP Logged Quote franca

hi my name is franca and i live in barrie. I have  a bright 2 bedroom apt aprox 1200sq feet and it has everything you are looking for.  It is $900. a month and it includes internet, bell expressview, parking, heat/hydro.  You have your own sep entrence and it is all brand new  right off essa road......mins from lakeshore or the holiday inn to swim.   Whatcha think? My husband and I live upstairs and we are quite... well write back either way..

chichi_amore@hotmail.com

Back to Top View franca's Profile Search for other posts by franca

VintageBabe

Online Status: Offline
Posted: 20 January 2006 at 4:54pm | IP Logged Quote VintageBabe

Franca

Apologies for not replying sooner - puter problems and then holidays, family birthdays...always something it seems.

I imagine your apartment has been taken already, but wondered if by chance it is still available, would we be able to come take a look sometime over next couple weeks?

And if it is taken, thanks for the offer anyway, and please let me know if you hear of anything similar. 

Thanks

vintagebabe1@yahoo.com

VintageBabe
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 01 February 2006 at 7:22pm | IP Logged Quote VintageBabe

We are still looking for a 2 bedroom place to rent in the Orillia and surrounding area, as per my posting of September 27/05.

If you have something or know of something that might fit the bill for us, please contact asap.

Thanks

Michelle
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 15 February 2006 at 10:45pm | IP Logged Quote Michelle

Hi Franca,

I was just wondering if your basement apartment has already been rented out to someone? Please let me know :)

Back to Top View Michelle's Profile Search for other posts by Michelle

Rachel
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 16 February 2006 at 4:43pm | IP Logged Quote Rachel

Hi i am looking for a place to live for just over 3 months...a basement apartments would be ideal, but at this point i am not picky.

Does anyone have any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Back to Top View Rachel's Profile Search for other posts by Rachel

Alex Laxton
Guest Group
Guest Group

Posted: 22 March 2006 at 7:38pm | IP Logged Quote Alex Laxton

Hello, my name is Alex Laxton.  A friend of mine and myself are looking for a two person apartment in Orillia.  I am a second year Pro Golf student and my roommate will be entering her first year of child and youth services.  Any information will be greatly appreciated ASAP.  you can contact me at king_of_the_keyboard@hotmail.com.  Thank you for any information.

Alex Laxton

Back to Top View Alex Laxton's Profile Search for other posts by Alex Laxton

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version